Le forum de l'entente Chile Conceptore ®™ Index du Forum Le forum de l'entente Chile Conceptore ®™
Forum permettant aux membres de l'Entente Chile Conceptore ®™ de pourvoir échanger quelques mots concernant le superbe jeu en ligne Virtuafoot.

Why Espanyol, Malaga can't wait on La Liga's season to end

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le forum de l'entente Chile Conceptore ®™ Index du Forum -> Divers -> Quartier libre
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
chanoudom
Appellé
Appellé

Masculin
Point(s): 9
Moyenne de points: 1,00

MessagePosté le: Dim 20 Mai - 09:19 (2018)    Sujet du message: Why Espanyol, Malaga can't wait on La Liga's season to end Répondre en citant Back to top

Why Espanyol, Malaga can't wait on La Liga's season to end

บอล ชุด You couldn’t ask for a more undesirable fixture than the one I witnessed last Sunday. Circumstances, politics and the footballing stars had aligned to render Espanyol v Malaga a thoroughly pointless prospect, devoid of any kind of allure, as depressing and bland as a rainy Monday morning or a 1970s school dinner. It was the deadest of rubbers.

That said, if there is one thing to which Brits cannot say no, it is a bargain. Credit must be given to Espanyol for swallowing their pride and accepting the fact their game against La Liga bottom feeders Malaga was not the hottest ticket in town. They slashed ticket prices for the season's final home game to get bums on seats in their plush but perennially half-empty Cornella stadium.

Along with my four flatmates, I snapped up five tickets for a little over €50.  To put that into perspective, the same crisp note would have gotten you half of one ticket in the nosebleeds for Barcelona’s final game of the season against Real Sociedad at the Camp Nou. Despite their generously low ticket prices, Espanyol attracted only 15,000 fans for their showdown with beleaguered Malaga. 

The city of Barcelona has a population of over 1.5 million inhabitants. So, the math tells us 99,999 out of every 100,000 had something better to do. I'm not certain how that reflects on my mates and me, but this season Espanyol have managed to attract an average of only 17,645 fans to each of their 19 home games. Yes, they happen to share a city with one of the most popular teams, and tourist attractions on earth. In a city packed with museums, the FC Barcelona Experience is the most visited, but that isn’t much of an excuse. Real Betis and Sevilla cohabit a city with less than half the Barcelona's population but attract 46,000 and 33,000 per match respectively this season. บอล ชุด

In 2010, Espanyol's first season in their new ground, after moving from the Olympic Stadium in the heart of Barcelona, the Blue and White averaged close to 30,000 for home games. Attendance has steadily declined since the new stadium failed to boost performances on the pitch. Espanyol have never won La Liga. Their last major trophy was the much-maligned Copa Del Rey, 12 years ago, but they suffer not only from poor play. They are victims to the rampant fervour for independence in Catalunya.

FC Barcelona is synonymous with the push for independence. During General Franco’s dictatorship, when speaking Catalan was outlawed, the Camp Nou was a sanctuary where oppressed Catalans would go to denounce the tyrannical leader in a safe environment. Barca is an all-consuming behemoth, a corporate giant, political talisman and fantastic football team all rolled into one.  They are, as the motto emblazoned across their seats proudly boasts, 'Mes Que un Club' [more than a club]. บอล ชุด

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Dim 20 Mai - 09:19 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité Back to top

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le forum de l'entente Chile Conceptore ®™ Index du Forum -> Quartier libre Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation

Cobalt 2.0 phpBB theme/template by Jakob Persson.
Copyright © 2002-2004 Jakob Persson